Rsa Motability Legal Expenses Insurance

Uninsured losses are all items that are not covered by your insurance, such as personal belongings. If you are involved in an accident caused by another identified person, RSA Motability (RSAM) will attempt to recover your uninsured losses. If you are injured, RSAM will also act on your behalf by appointing lawyers to act on your behalf. You can reach RSAM on 0800 294 0790 Details of your insurance coverage and named drivers can also be found in the “Insurance Coverage” section of your online account Motability SchemeOpens in New Window. Individual accident cover is offered up to a limit of £5,000 (per person) for the driver and all passengers. Your legal responsibilities are also covered. We explain political excesses. This is the amount you pay for damage or loss to your vehicle if you need to make a claim. We will also inform you of the policy limits for legal fees or injuries as a result of a claim. With RSA, you benefit from an insurer that takes into account your lifestyle and needs. Whether you only want home insurance or building and home insurance, you can add one of these additional coverage options.

Only the person named in your insurance plan is insured to use the scooter or electric wheelchair. Other people can move your scooter or electric wheelchair as long as you give your permission, but you can`t ride it. As part of your insurance cover, you can take your wheelchair-accessible car or vehicle free of charge within the European Union (EU) and Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein for up to 90 days in any 12-month period. When you leave the Program, RSA Motability (RSAM) may provide a claims history letter detailing all claims made by you and your designated drivers and the period during which you drove without right. Many insurance companies accept this as proof of your claims history. The deductible varies depending on the age and experience of the driver. Please refer to your insurance policy and document for more details. If your car needs to be repaired, you will have to pay the deductible for each individual incident before the repair begins. If you are involved in an accident caused by another person and they have been identified, RSAM will attempt to recover your “uninsured losses” from them. This means all items not covered by your insurance, for example: your deductible, injuries and taxi rides. If you are injured, RSAM will appoint lawyers to act on your behalf.

Only named drivers listed on your auto insurance policy are insured for driving. Other drivers who are not listed on the certificate are not allowed to drive your Motability Scheme vehicle, even if they have comprehensive insurance that covers driving other cars. You may be held liable for any loss or damage that occurs when a person who is not named in the policy drives. Also, you may not be able to rent another car through the Motability program. You can also visit the RSAM website, opens in a new window or call RSAM on 0300 037 3737 for more information or if you need to make an insurance claim. Any waiver of personal claims that was maintained prior to enrolment in the Program may no longer be accepted by insurers when you leave the Program. Some insurance companies may recognize a personal history of non-claims, but this is usually only for up to 2 or 3 years. You must take out your own household insurance for personal items such as wheelchairs, coats and mobile phones. One option is to expand household insurance coverage. We help you enjoy your freedom and independence with our comprehensive carefree insurance. Download the RSAM Insurance Coverage Downloads a resource brochure(PDF 276KB) If you are involved in an accident that causes bodily injury or death to others or property damage caused by the use of your electric scooter or wheelchair, RSAM covers legal liability as long as the user is the disabled person as listed in the insurance plan. If your electric scooter or wheelchair is unusable due to loss or damage, we may endeavour to provide an alternative transport solution to keep you mobile.

If a temporary replacement does not suit your needs, you may be eligible for loss of use benefits as part of your insurance coverage. In collaboration with RSA Motability (RSAM), we have created insurance coverage for all wheelchair accessible vehicles and vehicles rented under the Motability program. Professional use is not included as standard in the insurance policy.

Shopping cart


No products in the cart.